2.0 Do's and Don'ts
Welcome to St. Mary’s 2.0! We’re incredibly excited about our new St. Mary’s 2.0 student-centered curriculum and calendar. We’d like to a share a few tips, the do’s and don’ts, so to speak, that will help you better understand 2.0 and maximize your student’s experience at St. Mary’s.
- Review all the information about 2.0 on our St. Mary’s School website. Loads of pertinent and helpful information from the school calendar through 2020 to sample schedules to the reasoning behind our move to 2.0 can be found here.
- Pay attention to the school calendar to see when inter-module breaks take place. St. Mary’s is calendared out for the next three years.
- Make sure you meet with a St. Mary’s representative to plan out your class schedule. More information on how this works will be provided in January.
- Use the inter-module breaks to take family trips. Most inter-mod breaks are four or five days in length and the usual two weeks for Christmas and Spring breaks are still in place.
- Choose challenging classes and embrace the opportunity to take classes outside of your comfort zone. Challenge yourself!
- Recognize how many class choices you have.
- Complete a schedule ahead of your schedule meetings with Ms. Klecan, Mr. Bernard or Mr. Meyer. You’ll work with one of the three to build your 2.0 class schedule for next year.
- Do consider your sports/extracurricular schedule when filling out your seven mod class schedule.
- Do embrace the awesome change 2.0 represents!
- Take a vacation during the course of a mod. There is plenty of time during intermod breaks and during summer and spring breaks for family vacations. Missing school for a trip during school will jeopardize a student’s chance of earning credit from graduation.