Position Description for the Advancement and Events Coordinator
Advancement Vision Statement
To develop understanding and support among the various constituencies in the St. Mary’s community in order to secure the resources required to fulfill St. Mary’s School’s educational mission.
The Advancement and Events Coordinator furthers the mission of the Advancement Department through donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Works closely with school administration to produce events furthering the mission of the school. Performs administrative tasks as needed. Coordinates and trains all volunteers related to these areas. Assists with all responsibilities of the Annual Fund; and assists the Director of Advancement in her duties. Manages the donor database. This position reports to the Director of Advancement.
Job duties relating to events:
● Coordinates logistics, volunteers, and oversee all committees including student volunteers, food service, set-up, and teardown
● Coordinates all vendors
● Coordinates all graphic design elements, including graphic designer and all graphics related to events (invitations, save-the-dates, and any other marketing materials)
● Coordinates and execute efficient and effective timelines
● Communicates with venue to coordinate all aspects related to event venue, including food, venue specifics, floor plan, etc.
Job duties relating to database management:
● Pulls queries and runs exports in Senior Systems to provide a clear picture of where the school is at both financially and in community outreach and involvement
● Maintains a clean database by pulling queries and cleaning up inaccuracies in Senior Systems
● Maintains the email database in Constant Contact
● Processes gifts and documents pledges
● Documents vital donor information in database
General job duties:
● Assists in scheduling appointments for the President, Principal and Director of Advancement
● Coordinates the student phonathon for the annual fund
● Ensures that details of stewardship plans are documented and implemented
● Organizes annual fund campaign particularly as it pertains to parent participation
● Assists in gift solicitations when appropriate
● High school diploma, or equivalent education
● Event management or development experience preferred
Please email a letter of interest and a resume to Kaelynn Welburn, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mary’s of Medford, Inc. dba St. Mary’s School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Position Description for Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications Vision Statement
To preserve and grow the St. Mary’s School brand by connecting current and prospective students, their families, and supporters with the SMS experience through strategic and creative collaborations with our SMS colleagues.
The Marketing and Communications Manager oversees all activities related to marketing, public relations, and communications. The position reports to the President, collaborates with other senior administrators and all school offices.
Plan and execute programs that enhance the visibility and public perception of SMS
- Organize activities that support the admission, marketing and advancement objectives of SMS
- Ensure clear and transparent communication between & amongst all constituencies of SMS Brand management
- Grow and be the lead contact for SMS External Marketing Parent Ambassador Program
- Leads the development of a visual integrity plan and ensures its use by all school offices.
- Advises the President and senior administrators on all external communications with regard to audience, content, and delivery
- Coordinates internal communication among administration, faculty, and staff
- Works directly with the President, senior administrators, and Board of Trustees on public relations and communications on important issues, including crisis response and working with the media
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the SMS website as well as all print materials that go out from the school
- Conducts demographic and market research as needed
- Manage, contribute and maintain all content for the School website
- Produce and distribute weekly electronic newsletter to current parent body
- Assist in distribution of email blasts as needed for Admissions, Advancement and Principals
- Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases and cultivating relations with local media
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and experience
Please email a letter of interest and a resume to Kaelynn Welburn, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
St. Mary’s of Medford, Inc. dba St. Mary’s School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with knowndisabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.